- Summer Trail Riding at Blue Wave Stable or at Local State Park.
- Blue Wave Stable is situated on 120 acres of beautiful rolling pastures and forest with hand cut trails cut through out.
- Trail riding on Blue Wave Stable property trails are on Tuesday Evenings and on Saturday Evenings. Our Summer hours are at 6pm and 7:30pm. ***We also offer Special off site Trail Rides at local State Parks. Those trail rides are on Wednesdays 9am-5pm. Please see info at the bottom of the list of this page. Send a text to (704-847-3424) include reservation name with all riders approximate height, weight and experience as well as time and day you would like to ride. I have appointment scheduling software on the reservation page.
- Trail-rides consist of tacking up, getting acquainted with the horse in the arena and then going on a trail-ride. The whole experience can take anywhere from 60 minutes to 90 minutes. Part of the riding experience includes pre-trail riding and preparation. That is when the rider and horse get to know each other.
- If the trail ride is for a party over 6 riders and everyone is inexperienced than I get each person up one at a time. The first person up is going to ride longer than the last person. Please plan on 90 minutes or more however. Riding horses takes time and I want to make sure everyone is properly fit in there saddle and educated on how to ride. It takes a little longer but it make a difference in overall enjoy-ability and safety. I want visitors to know that the goal is to have them become riders not just passengers. I want to make sure that I properly set expectations as well. I try to do the same length trail ride for everyone.
- At Blue Wave Stable you are riding on our pets. Being pets, they behave like pets. They are friendly and interested and I really want to keep them that way. Therefore I try to make every trail-ride a little different for them so that they do not know what to expect and get bored with the whole process. I really hope my guests will want to get to know my wonderful sweet loving horses and will take the time to try get engaged with them. They loved to be loved on. Once you ride, you are welcome to stay and visit with the horses if you wish. Like I said, they love affection.
- When making reservations via, email, text or by phone please leave name, number of riders, rider description age, weight, height and skill level, preferred time and two dates. We will contact you back with verification of reservation. I will always attempt to get your first date.
- Please describe riders a for example:(Male 6’1 180 lbs beginner). I have horses to accommodate all heights and weights and experience levels.
- I do not have an age limit on riding but rather a rider is determined by physical ability, and desire. However all inexperienced riders will be escorted. Any person who does not feel comfortable that they can fully control a horse should please tell us. We can provide escorts so that the uncomfortable rider still has fun too.
- What to wear? Long pants, shirt, boots or shoes like tennis shoes and helmet. (Sandals or open shoes are not acceptable and dangerous. If you wear open shoes like sandals you will not be allowed to ride or be around the horses. Sandals or open shoes are dangerous to all visitors regardless if they are riding or not. I have had more people bitten by fire ants than stepped on by horses. Neither situation is pleasant and causes delays as well as pain for those involved.
- All riders under age 18 will be required to wear a helmet. I highly recommend a helmet for all ages.
- All Riders Are Required to Sign a Liability Waiver. Waivers can be down loaded and are found under contact us tab. Please be sure to get all paperwork completed before you mount. I appreciate your help in remembering to get this task completed before we start to ride.
- Weather: Trail rides will be reschedule if it is raining or lightning is present, if the temperature is over 92 degrees or under 35 degrees, or if there is snow on the ground.
- Price is $30 per person per hour. Tips are always appreciated. We accept Cash, Check and Credit Cards.
- Trail-riding parties under 6 riders will potentially be combined with additional trail-riding parties or barn members.
- Trail-rides are customized to accommodate the rider with the least amount of skill.
- If you have a party of advanced riders, please let me know so that I can combined you with other riders of your skill level. However, if you want a more advanced ride, then I recommend you make a private reservation.
- If you want to schedule a special event or birthday party or such, please give me a call and we can work through the details.
- Additional rules and side comments:
- Parties larger than 8 riders will potentially have to broken into multiple groups.
- Please be advised that we have security cameras installed throughout the premises. Please do not go into the tack rooms or feed rooms without being directly asked by the owner or trail-master.
- The bathroom is located at the entrance and is the first door to the left.
- Please do not feed the horses. Not all of the horses are mine and all the boarders prefer that you do not feed treats. I only allow treats to be given after the horses work. I will be happy to give you sweet feed as a treat or you can bring an apple, carrot, sugar cube, peppermints or gingersnaps to give to the horses. If you give horses treats without a reason than horses will actually start accosting people looking for treats. Horses absolutely know when they have earned a reward and very much appreciate it. I know it is tempting…but please do not feed the horses. Thank you for helping support us in this matter.
- Sometimes trail-rides run late. That typically is due to the fact that unpredictable situations occur that cause delays…I will attempt to let you know when you arrive how far behind we are running. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience a delay may cause.
- Please let me know when you arrive if you are under a time constraint.
- I really want everyone to have a terrific time…including the horses. Thank you so much for supporting us. We are a young business so any ideas you have to help make the total experience better are always appreciated. Also, if you have a special someone you want to surprise let me know we can always put together a special riding event.
- If you are a very experienced rider and want to go on a more advanced trail-ride please let me know and I will try to group those together. Please be sure to let me know.
- Please identify any physical limitations like weak hips, knees and/or ankles that might interfere with mounting and dismounting.
- Please text me if you have any questions or you want to schedule a reservation 704-847-3424.
- Cost is $30 per Rider. Tips are greatly appreciated!
- Trail Riding Ticket Package. A single rider can buy a pack of 4 rides and get the 5th one free. So for $120 buys 5 trail rides for one person.
- ***Off Site Trail Rides at Local State Parks...We load the horses at 9am and travel to a local state park. We unload, groom and tack- up and trail ride for several hours and then un-tack, wash the horses and then reload travel back and unload the horses. It is an all day affair and riders are expected to fully participate. The Price is $100 per rider. If a rider is not interested in participating in the care and saddling of the horses and want BWS to handle all those affairs then the price is $150 per rider. Riders must be able to walk, trot a horse and be able to control their horse on their own. Riders who are less experienced need to ride at Blue Wave Stable on Tuesday or Saturday Evenings. Please text me if you are interested 704-847-3424. Off Site Trail Rides are on Wednesdays in July 5th, 12th,19th & 26th and Tuesday August 2nd and August 15th. Maximum riders at State Parks is 6 Riders.
- The maximum weight limit my horses will be allowed to carry is based on my saddle sizes. Any person that is considered obese by the the National Institute of Health Weight Chart for their height will not fit into the saddles we have. If a person is to big for the saddle it hurts the horses back. That is how I set my weight limits. I apologize for any inconvenience that may cause. I hope everyone understands that I am not trying to discriminate but rather protect my horses backs. *** (Height and Weight Chart Based on the NIH and Rush Medical Center.)
- ***Health Chart Below is from the Rush University Medical Center based on the NIH.
|Healthy||Overweight||Obese (BWS Does not have Saddles to fit anyone in the Obese Category )Women/Men|
|4′ 10″||91 to 115 lbs.||119 to 138 lbs.||143 to 186 lbs.|
|4′ 11″||94 to 119 lbs.||124 to 143 lbs.||148 to 193 lbs.|
|5′||97 to 123 lbs.||128 to 148 lbs.||153 to 199 lbs.|
|5′ 1″||100 to 127 lbs.||132 to 153 lbs.||158 to 206 lbs.|
|5′ 2″||104 to 131 lbs.||136 to 158 lbs.||164 to 213 lbs.|
|5′ 3″||107 to 135 lbs.||141 to 163 lbs.||169 to 220 lbs.|
|5′ 4″||110 to 140 lbs.||145 to 169 lbs.||174 to 227 lbs.|
|5′ 5″||114 to 144 lbs.||150 to 174 lbs.||180 to 234 lbs.|
|5′ 6″||118 to 148 lbs.||155 to 179 lbs.||186 to 241 lbs.|
|5′ 7″||121 to 153 lbs.||159 to 185 lbs.||191 to 249 lbs.|
|5′ 8″||125 to 158 lbs.||164 to 190 lbs.||197 to 256 lbs.|
|5′ 9″||128 to 162 lbs.||169 to 196 lbs.||203 to 263 lbs.|
|5′ 10″||132 to 167 lbs.||174 to 202 lbs.||209 to 271 lbs.|
|5′ 11″||136 to 172 lbs.||179 to 208 lbs.||215 to 279 lbs.|
|6′||140 to 177 lbs.||184 to 213 lbs.||221 to 287 lbs.|
|6′ 1″||144 to 182 lbs.||189 to 219 lbs.||227 to 295 lbs.|
|6′ 2″||148 to 186 lbs.||194 to 225 lbs.||233 to 303 lbs.|
|6′ 3″||152 to 192 lbs.||200 to 232 lbs.||240 to 311 lbs.|
|6′ 4″||156 to 197 lbs.||205 to 238 lbs.||246 to 320 lbs.|