Mon,Tue,Thurs,Friday 5pm-7pm School Year Sept-June. Summer Schedule 6pm-8pm
- Weekly Group Lessons are $140 Prepaid monthly for 4-consecutive weekly lessons or $175 for a 5-week month
Private and Semi-Private Lessons.
- Private Lessons $50
- Semi-Private (2 Students) $45
- Private Lessons are one on one instruction teaching Jumping or Concentrated Flat Work.
- Private Lessons by appointment for adults and children as available. $50 an hour.
- Adult riding groups are in the evening Mon-Friday at 7pm. All experience levels are welcome.
- Life lesson riding instruction is designed to establish rider confidence so as to be able to gain control and respect from the horse. This is key to becoming successful in all disciples of riding. Our focus is holistic in its approach and designed around the concept of “teaching to own”. However ultimately we want to achieve every individual participants goals. We want your equine experience with us to be educational, safe and fun!
- Our focus is to teach students how to care for, as well as ride horses, so that they will be knowledgeable enough to own a horse not just to ride. We want students to learn all their is to know about horses. We believe that enjoying horses is much more than just riding. We want our students to understand the full responsibility that goes along with horsemanship. Riders will be taught proper riding and horse showing skills as well as trail riding etiquette. Students will also be taught horse ownership skills . That way students will fully understand what is required should they one day want to purchase a horse. While having fun and learning skills it is important to always keep safety first.
- Group Lessons are scheduled on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 5pm-7pm. Groups are rarely over 3 or 4 in size per instructor. Lessons are scheduled in advance. Contact 704-847-3424 by text to schedule a lesson. (Lessons spring forward an hour when school ends and summer heat sets in the. Summer lessons therefore are from 6pm-8pm.)
- For more information please feel free to contact us to set up a time to accommodate your equestrian educational needs. If you want to view lessons we recommend visiting at 6pm during school year. Again, please text to schedule a visit or to schedule a lesson.
- Lesson times are the actual ride times. Student arrival time should be about 30 minutes before ride time in order to tacked up and get prepared for riding. We have instructors in the barn to help with lesson preparation, grooming and tacking up your horse. We also expect students to spend 20-30 minutes after the lesson to un-tacking and sponge down their mount as well as hand graze them for a few minutes to thank them for the ride and to show them the appreciation they deserve. Ultimately students then return their horses back to their pasture for the evening. We ask all students to clean up after themselves and their mount. Total lesson time is approximately 2 hours.
- Classes are typically grouped by age, experience and riding ability starting with youngest and least experienced in the first class of the day and ending with adults and or the most experienced riders in the last group. Adults do not have to be experienced riders to participate in the later group. Our adult program has grown to the point where we have adult riding groups every day we offer lessons. Adult riding at Blue Wave Stable is non-competitive and designed to be educational but also great fun, social and mostly the opportunity to enjoy the experience of learning how to ride horses.
- Work to Ride program:. Time varies and is set by appointments. We typically need help getting the school horses in before lessons and helping keep the stable clean throughout lessons. We also need help 10:30am to 6pm on Saturdays with trail rides as well as other scheduled events along with barn chores. Appointments to participate are required. Saturday Work to Ride is only for students who are trying to get additional ride time to improve upon there lesson skills. Work to Ride is available to earn lessons but is earned by feeding the horses. Please see the Work to Ride Tab for more information.
- Weekly lessons ($140 a month for 4 week month or $175 for a 5 week month prepaid at the beginning of each month.)
- Trail-riding ($35 per person per hour)
- Riding Gift Certificates ****