Welcome To Blue Wave Stable Webpage;
(We recently had a catastrophic website disaster…so I am having recreate a website from scratch. Please bare with me as I rebuild our website. Web builder I am not…I certainly have a great respect for those who are. I have decided to go ahead and put up the website before it is completed just so their is a site to go to and a way to reach me. I apologize for the site’s current condition…we are under reconstruction.!) That being said……
First I want to thank everyone involved at Blue Wave Stable (BWS). The atmosphere is one that is positive, low stress and all about the horses. The members are absolutely wonderful and I thank them for helping to create a wonderful barn.
If you have never been to BWS, I extend an open invitation to stop by. Just send me a text to set an appointment. 704-847-3424. If you want to just pop in the best time is either Sat after 1pm. The rest of the week is open only to boarders, members and scheduled events. Look forward to meeting you.
WHO ARE WE AND HOW DID WE GET OUR NAME?
(Cool Blue Wave at 2 Months)
Blue Wave Stable got it’s name from my daughter Shea’s horse Cool Blue Wave. Cool is an incredibly sweet, beautiful, smart minded, Blue Roan Paint. While I have owned horses on and off for the past 40 years, we started our own boarding stable in February of 2009. However it was December 2010 when we were blessed with the opportunity to acquire the lease on the adjoining property that tripled our acreage and stall capacity. . that made my dream of having a family run stable go from a childhood dream to an achievable opportunity.
In my minds eye I can see a stable where horse lovers and their friends can come and feel at home. A place that is low stress, relaxed, clean,and safe for our children. A place that gives the children the freedom of space and being outside yet adult supervision is intact. A place that is fun and filled with positive calm yet assertive energy all rolled into one. A Stable where all the horses, boarded or not, are cared and loved as if they were our own. A place that is unique in that the golden social policy is to never speak unkindly about the horses or people while on the property. A very true and honest heartfelt attempt to achieve a drama free barn. I truly believe it is obtainable!
Blue Wave Stable boards horses, provides English and Western horseback riding lessons, guides trail-rides has an barn membership and a work to ride program. We are non-competitive stable. Our focus is through education and practice we can pass the gift of gaining the respect and control of horses first on the ground then the saddle by using natural horsemanship techniques. We very much focus on riding for fun and in doing so we provided additional services including but not limited too birthday parties, cookouts, trail-rides, clinics, camps, weekend trail-riding/camping…you name it…if the fun involves horses we are interested. Give us a call and let us see if we can accommodate your horse desired request.
Blue Wave Stable is a proud supporter of Healing Horses. We have adopted several horses. Please stop by and meet our horses. Any donation is much appreciated. If you are considering purchasing a horse, please consider adopting. You can find plenty of available horses on the Healing Horses Facebook website.
We are a young business and would very much enjoy meeting you. Feel free to stop by and see if you do not agree that we have a very friendly relaxed approach to enjoying the whole experience of riding and caring for horses. I believe our herd is in on it too. Visitor’s often comment on the calm demeanor of our horses. Come out and see if you don’t agree.
My daughter Shea handles the facebook page. Shea always wants pictures as well. Please email them to us if you visit and take pictures. (firstname.lastname@example.org) We would love to post them to our facebook site.
I will be doing my best to get the rest of the website up as soon as possible. Thank you so much for understanding. The best way to reach me is to text me at 704-847-3424 I will do my best to respond within 24 hours to your request. THANK YOU AGAIN and I look forward to meeting you at the barn!
Below is the URL for Google Maps to Blue Wave Stable. Highlight it and right clique and you should get a google Map of our site.
- Blue Wave Stables does offer Birthday Party Trail-rides. If you want to give your horse loving daughter the memory of a life-time give her a Birthday Trail ride at Blue Wave Stable.
- Trail-ride Birthday Party Price by amount of riders attending. Pricing is $30 per rider (tips are appreciated!) Additional non riding guests are welcome at no charge. We only charge for those riding horses.
- Please call for special pricing if more than 15 riders. Parties last approximately 90 for the first 10 riders.
- Every 5 additional riders adds approximately 30 minutes to the length of time it takes to trail ride.
- If you want to do a family outing, we are more than happy to put together a family package. Pricing would be the same as the birthday party trail-rides.
- When it is cold out we get a fire going in the open fire pit. If there are young children to be attending please let us know because it would not be safe to have an open campfire with children who are to young to understand.
- Frequently Asked Questions and Helpful Hints
- First, I only charge for riders.
- Second, the process is we make sure all the liability paperwork has been signed for all the riders and attendees. The Liability Paper Work can be down loaded from the “About US Tab”. Everyone visiting that is over 18 MUST sign the liability waiver. All attendees under 18 must have their parents or guardians sign the waiver. That is the very first step. Unfortunately riders that do not have a signed liability waiver will not be able to ride. I apologize in advance for this rule but my insurance carrier requires that all visitors sign the Liability Waiver. I appreciate your understanding on this matter. I wish I did not even have to ask. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.
- We have a picnic table, a regular table with table cloth, full size refrigerator/freezer and microwave. We also have a BBQ gas grill if you want to fix burgers or such. We try to keep everything clean, but everything is dusty no matter what we do.
- There is a bathroom at the stable as you first enter to the left.
- After everyone is checked in, we introduce the kids to the horses and I do a “rules and understanding horses” session. Then I have the adult in charge separate the kids into groups of 5 -8 depending on how big the party and how many horses/helpers I have.
- The kids get there helmets on, it would be a great help if they brought there own bike helmets. We do have helmets but I probably do not have enough SMALLS to accommodate a large party.
- The kids put on their helmets and go stand in line out by the Arena. The horses will be standing in line inside the arena. Each child will pick out there horse, walk over to it and then be helped mounting.
- The picking process is something we do one at a time. Once all the horses available have riders the rest of the kids go back out front and wait their turn to ride.
- I suggest the party hostess have a game plan for the kids because each ride lasts about 20 minutes. I have a tire swing…and Mini Horses and Donkeys to pet and play with. I leave the entertainment up to the adults arranging the party. I will be leading the trail-ride and do not have the staff to do that part of the party.
- The Birthday Rider gets to pick out their horse first and the first trail-ride will be slightly longer than the rest. I have some pretty big draft horses so if the party is big enough I might have the kids ride double.
- All horses will be lead by escorts. No one will be allowed to ride on their own. It is to dangerous to have that many inexperienced people riding horses without escorts. Plus it only makes it fair if all the riders have the same experience.
- If you want a smaller birthday party where the kids are allowed to ride on their own in the arena and I give them a lesson, that can be arranged as well.
- Please let me know if you want a party 6 riders or under where all the riders will be riding themselves and I will be giving a lesson.
- Riders only get one trail-ride around or they will be counted as a second rider.
- I will announce the last trail-ride.
- After the last trail-ride we respectfully ask the party to not stay longer than an hour. Also we ask to please clean up after yourselves.
- Please do not enter into the tack rooms unless I specifically ask you too. The only room guests are allowed to use is the bathroom and member room is only for those who need access to the refrigerator or water cooler. All others I respectfully ask you to not enter. It is tight quarters as it is and I have barn members and boarders who need to get access to their equipment.
- Please ask the children to not run and scream around the barn. I know they get excited and that is fine. But if they could please keep there running and screaming out in front of the barn and not around the back or inside. It is extremely dangerous. My horses are sweet animals. They are my pets…but they are big and just a slight jump could crush a child. So keeping the kids from running thorough the barn and screaming will definitely help prevent any unwanted accidents. THANK YOU!
- If you are intersted in having a party at Blue Wave Stable. Please text me 704-847-3424 and I will get back with you. Or you can email me email@example.com. You will need to use a credit card for a $150 deposit. I will not charge the card unless there is no show without cancellation. I require a 48 hour cancellation notice on all Parties.
- Let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you. I appreciate your support and very much look forward to having you come out and visit Blue Wave Stable.
- You are certainly welcome to come out and take a look around if you want to see the stable before booking a party. Just text me and we will set up a time. If you want to just look around, I am open Sat noon-5pm. You can just stop by without a reservation. However if you need me to escort you than please set up a meeting time.
- Below are our Petting Mini Horses…the kids are allowed to pet the horses with adult supervision as part of the fun!
8821 Belt Lane (Barn Where Parties are located)
Indian Land, SC 29707
704-847-3424 (Text preferred or call and leave a message).
- Trail Riding
- Blue Wave Stable is situated on 120 acres of beautiful rolling pastures and forest with trails cut through out.
- Fall/Winter trail riding is available during daylight hours Saturday Only Noon-5pm. Send me a text (704-847-3424) with how many riders, height, weight and experience and approximate time and day you would like to ride. I have the appointment scheduling software that is open from 10am-5pm. If you want to schedule outside the automated time, contact me and I will try to accommodate your request.
- Trail-rides consist of tacking up, getting acquainted with the horse in the arena and then going on a trail-ride. The whole experience can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes depending on the situation. Part of the riding experience includes pre-trail riding and preparation. That is when the rider and horse get to know each other.
- If the trail ride is for a party over 6 riders and everyone is inexperienced than I get each person up one at a time. The first person up is going to ride longer than the last person. Please plan on 90 minutes or more however. Riding horses takes time and I want to make sure everyone is properly fit in there saddle and educated on how to ride. It takes a little longer but it make a difference in overall enjoy-ability and safety. I want visitors to know that the goal is to have them become riders not just passengers. I want to make sure that I properly set expectations as well. I try to do the same length trail ride for everyone.
- At Blue Wave Stable you are riding on our pets. Being pets, they behave like pets. They are friendly and interested and I really want to keep them that way. Therefore I try to make every trail-ride a little different for them so that they do not know what to expect and get bored with the whole process. I really hope my guests will want to get to know my wonderful sweet loving horses and will take the time to try get engaged with them. They loved to be loved on. Once you ride, you are welcome to stay and visit with the horses if you wish. Like I said, they love affection.
- When making reservations via, email, text or by phone please leave name, number of riders, rider description age, weight, height and skill level if above intermediate, preferred time and two dates. We will contact you back with verification of reservation. I will always attempt to get your first date.
- Please describe riders a for example: 2 children age 4 &11 one intermediate rider over 6.2 and 220lbs and one advanced rider 5’3. I have horses to accommodate all heights and weights and experience levels.
- I do not have an age limit on riding but rather a rider is determined by physical ability, and desire. However all inexperienced riders will be escorted. Any person who does not feel comfortable that they can fully control a horse should please tell us. We can provide escorts so that the uncomfortable rider still has fun too.
- What to wear? Long pants, shirt, boots or shoes like tennis shoes and helmet. (Sandals or open shoes are not acceptable and dangerous. If you wear open shoes like sandals you will not be allowed to ride or be around the horses. Sandals or open shoes are dangerous to all visitors regardless if they are riding or not. I have had more people bitten by fire ants than stepped on by horses. Neither situation is pleasant and causes delays as well as pain for those involved.
- All riders under age 18 will be required to wear a helmet. I highly recommend a helmet for all ages.
- All Riders Are Required to Sign a Liability Waiver. Waivers can be down loaded and are found under contact us tab. Please be sure to get all paperwork completed before you mount. I appreciate your help in remembering to get this task completed before we start to ride.
- Weather: Trail rides will be reschedule if it is raining or lightning is present, if the temperature is over 90 degrees or under 35 degrees, or if there is snow on the ground.
- Price is $30 per person per hour. Tips are always appreciated. We accept Cash, Check and Credit Cards.
- Trail-riding parties under 6 riders will potentially be combined with additional trail-riding parties or barn members.
- Trail-rides are customized to accommodate the rider with the least amount of skill.
- If you have a party of advanced riders, please let me know so that I can combined you with other riders of your skill level. However, if you want a more advanced ride, then I recommend you make a private reservation.
- Private Trail-rides for parties under 6 are an additional $100 fee. (A Private Party is when a trail-riding party requests no additional riders outside the members of their reservation.)
- If you want to schedule a special event or birthday party or such, please give me a call and we can work through the details.
- Additional rules and side comments:
- Parties larger than 8 riders will potentially have to broken into multiple groups.
- Please be advised that we have security cameras installed throughout the premises. Please do not go into the tack rooms or feed rooms without being directly asked by the owner or trail-master.
- The bathroom is located at the entrance and is the first door to the left.
- Please do not feed the horses. Not all of the horses are mine and all the boarders prefer that you do not feed treats. I only allow treats to be given after the horses work. I will be happy to give you sweet feed as a treat or you can bring an apple, carrot, sugar cube, peppermints or gingersnaps to give to the horses. If you give horses treats without a reason than horses will actually start accosting people looking for treats. Horses absolutely know when they have earned a reward and very much appreciate it. I know it is tempting…but please do not feed the horses. Thank you for helping support us in this matter.
- Sometimes trail-rides run late. That typically is due to the fact that unpredictable situations occur that cause delays…I will attempt to let you know when you arrive how far behind we are running. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience a delay may cause.
- Please let me know when you arrive if you are under a time constraint.
- I really want everyone to have a terrific time…including the horses. Thank you so much for supporting us. We are a young business so any ideas you have to help make the total experience better are always appreciated. Also, if you have a special someone you want to surprise let me know we can always put together a special riding event.
- If you are a very experienced rider and want to go on a more advanced trail-ride please let me know and I will try to group those together. So please be sure to let me know.
- Please identify any physical limitations like weak hips, knees and/or ankles that might interfere with mounting and dismounting.
- Please text me if you have any questions or you want to schedule a reservation 704-847-3424.
- Cost is $30 per Rider. Tips are greatly appreciated!
Tue, Thurs, Friday 4pm-8pm
English and Western Riding Lessons
Weekly Group Lessons are $100 a month or $35 Pay As You Go.
- Private Lessons by appointment for adults and children: $50 and are scheduled as available.
- $50 one student private lessons
- Adult riding group Mondays 11am -1pm includes lessons and riding for fun. $175 a month includes membership
- Life lesson riding instruction is designed to establish rider confidence in order to gain control and respect of the horse. This is key to becoming successful in all disciples of riding. Our instruction includes ground and riding for respect using natural horsemanship techniques to gaining control and confidence as a rider. Our training program is established based on each student’ individualized goals and experience.
- Lessons are typically taught in English but Western Saddles are available.
- Group Lessons are scheduled on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 4pm-8pm. We have two instructors most lesson days. Groups are rarely over 3 in size. Lessons must be schedule in advance. Contact Erin at 704-847-3424 by text to schedule a lesson.
- For more information please feel free to call and we will be able to set up a time to accommodate your equestrian educational needs.
- Other riding packages include but not limited too:
- Barn membership which allows a member to have open access to any available participating horse & includes weekly lessons. ($175 monthly Membership for the first person and $125 each additional family member. Membership includes an expectation to help with barn responsibilities.)
- Work exchange for riding (time varies and is set by appointments. Always need help feeding starting at 4pm daily or help on Saturdays and Sundays with trailrides, other scheduled events along with weekly barn chores. After helping with chores than participant can earn riding time on membership horses. )
- Weekly lessons ($25 -$50)
- Trail-riding ($30 per person per hour)
- Riding for Fun by the hour ($30 per person per hour) by appointment. Riding is supervised but does not include instruction.
- Horse riding parties ( Call for pricing…but basically price is $30 per person.)
- Corporate Events (call for pricing)
- Riding Gift Certificates ****
Current Members who recommend a new members will receive 10% discount off the price of the adjoining new members first month member fee. After the new member pays there first months membership fee, than 10% of that fee goes to paying your monthly membership fee. (In this example a new party of two joined the monthly fee is $300…so the recommending member gets $30.00 off their monthly membership fee.) This also goes for recommending a new boarder to Blue Wave Stable. It is our way to show how much we appreciate your recommendations!**
**(New Members must mention the members name for that person to get a bonus. All recommendation bonus are at the discretion of Blue Wave Stable Management.)
Horse Boarding is $500 a month and includes lessons. More information is located under the Boarding Page.
We are happy to announce that we now accept credit cards using the square! So finally I am able to take credit cards at the stable. You also can with paypal under the appointment tab!
Boarding & Barn Membership
- Blue Wave Stable is located minutes from 485/Rea Rd exit in South Charlotte near Ballantyne Country Club, Providence Country Club, Indian Land, Marvin, Waxhaw etc.
- If you love trail riding, a low-key barn and individual care, at a price that is reasonable, than Blue Wave Stable is the place to consider. We focus on the individual needs of each horse and owner.
- We have two barns with 30 stalls that have 12 x 12 w/ mats, 2 wash bays with hot and cold water, several grooming bays, a bathroom, and 3 tack rooms plus plenty of parking for trailer storage. We have five riding arenas (225′ x 170′, 100′ x 80′, 130′ x 130′, 120′ x 120′ and 70ft round pen) that all have lights. We have 120 acres of pasture and woods, there is plenty of space to ride as well as cater to the needs of each herd.
- Each horse is stall fed twice daily. We top dress our feed with Purina Enrich 32 as a supplement. We will also add any owner supplied supplements.
- If provided, we blanket the horses at no extra charge.
- Water tanks are cleaned and refilled daily.
- A fresh round bale is kept available at all times.
- In an effort to create a fly and spider free barn, we use all natural fly predators as well as spray and dust the barn regularly, add apple vinegar to the water tanks and will even spray the horses daily if needed.
- We also worm all horses on rotation based on egg testing and the individual needs of each horse. De-wormer and vet testing is the responsibility of the owner.
- Best of all if you love to trail ride we have acres of trail riding on the property and hours of trails just a small horse ride away. We are a TRAIL-RIDER’S DREAM LOCATION.
- Boarders are welcome to attend the Off Site Trail Rides to different State Parks offered on Sundays. (Price not included in board.)
- Boarders are welcome to invite their insured trainers. We really want our boarders to feel like our barn is their barn.
- Full Board is $500 a month and includes lessons. Blue Wave Stable’s lesson program includes ground and riding lessons, life lesson riding, and natural horsemanship ground and riding classes, horse and rider training, real life horse care training, trail riding and general riding for fun as well how to provide basic horse care. Riding and lessons are available by appointment 4pm-8pm on Tue, Thur or Friday. Lessons start at $25 an hour for group lessons. Boarders are free to join in available group lesson by arranging it with staff instructors. Lessons provided by free lance instructors are not included in this offer.*
- We offer a Barn Membership where a member can come and ride any available mount. Prices start at $175 a month and includes lessons additional family member are $125per family member per month.
- Other riding services offered are private or group trail riding, hourly riding for fun, birthday parties, neighborhood parties, private trail riding picnics, various camps given throughout the year.
- We have the “WTR” (Work to Ride) program by appointment only. Riders taking lessons over the age of 12 can help around the barn in exchange for riding. Please call or text Erin at 704-847-3424. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I definitely prefer a text message as a means to contact me. If you are passing by feel free to stop by and check out the barn. We love visitors and enjoy the company.
- Members and visitors are required to sign in and out. It will help us be able to better accommodate our customers as we get a better understanding of guests visiting habits. It will also protect any one horse from being over ridden. Signing the horses in and out is important in order to help maintain the health of our larger pets! Tracking patterns and understanding the days events is extremely important. Thanks for helping.
- Members and visitors are respectfully asked to follow the guidelines provided. Those guide lines are there to help maintain a happy, healthy and safe environment.
- Barn Member Mounts ride both English and Western.
- Due to the increase in insurance rates and to maintain the health of our horses we no longer allow Blue Wave Stable horses to jump. (Boarders are free to jump their own horses.)
- Gray 18 year old 14’1 Arabian Beginner Friendly
- Digits 7 year old off track 16’3 Thoroughbred Race horse. Needs an Experienced Rider. *
- Nyk 12 year old 15′ hand Gelding. Sweet, kind, easy to ride.
- Blade 14’3 Quarter horse Arabian who acts more like a puppy than a horse.
- Ike is 18’2 Percheron/Frisian 18 years old. He is Big, Black and every bit of 18’2. He’s as sweet and docile as he is big and even the least experienced rider is safe on him. Truly a gentle giant.
- Symphony age 8 is the most honest and sweet American Warmblood I have ever met. She makes me a mare believer. Always ready to do what she is asked and incredibly smooth. She makes every rider look great*.
- Copper: 12 year old Thoroughbred…a fun ride for just about everyone
- Two Mini horses Mistletoe and Munchkin available for petting.
- Plus additional member horses. You will have to come and meet them all.
- Full Board $500 includes lessons. Sorry we do not have pasture board. (Co-op and work for board or for barn membership currently available please ask.)
- Blue Wave Stable 704-847-3424
- ”Blue Wave Stable Where Your Larger Pet Resides, You and Your Friends Ride and All Relax and Enjoy the Great Outside!”